Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The 'Real' Acknowledgement!!!

The BE project documentation begins with the acknowledgement page. The page is supposed to acknowledge everyone who helped u nt jus thru the project bt thru all 4 years of engineering. My ack. page as its caled contained the usual thanks to my princi, proj guide and HOD (who in my case really did help me unlike most cases when their only help is giving termwork marks!!) and also to the college management, lab asst. etc.

But if i were to truly write an acknowledgement without any restrictions whatsoever it'd read as follows!!

First in true Chetan Bhagat style, a big thankyou to MS Word for helping me edit and re-edit not just my project docs bt also numerous other assignments and practicals. While we are at it i'd need to thank all the applications i've used in engg. right from Turbo C++ to Notepad!! I apologize to all the other applications like Oracle 9i, Rational Rose, etc. whose names i cannot take specifically for lack of space (wow wat a trendy line!!)

Then i'd like to thank my keyboard (jo retire hua kaam se zindagi se nahi!) for helping me type soo much including assignments, blogs and chats! Also for providing the ctrl, c and v keys without which i can't imagine a life! Then to my hp psc 1210 for printing endless pages (and eating up some pages...and trying my patience at times!) and helping with photocopying documents at crucial moments! And here i shudn't 4get to thank my pen drive, the USB slot and net connection all of which helped make transferring information (read copying!) very easy! Basically i extend my thanks to my entire computer for all its help!!

Oh and i must remember to thank RedHat and Mac OS for their support and co-operation during the testing phase. I'd take my hat off to u ppl bt i guess in this case putting on a red hat and eating an apple wud be a better tribute! And ofcourse a special thanks for my pens Cello Finegrip for helping me with all the writing work and my 0.7 lead pencil for doing all the line marofying for me!

Well this whole of last para is dedicated to my genius without whom getting past the last yr of engg wud be totally unthinkable! GRE, TOEFL, MS Apps, every exam, every difficult sum has been suddenly very easy bcos of him. I'll waste a line thanking my cell for connecting me to him and Hutch for their schemes tht let us talk so much! But this is for u Mr. Genius...a big thankyou...and its NOT been put up here bcos u always complain abt being under-acknowledged! Its been put up bcos i really did want to thank u!!!

3 comments:

Vinay said...

Woha! Why did I ever forget to thank all of them.. how silly! Lovely post.. I specially liked when you said you would like to wear red hat and eat apply!! lol!!!!!!!!!!

Very very interesting one! Hats Off! Ooops.. Red Hats Off! ;)

Cheers,
Vinay

Anurag Saxena said...

cool post yaar....

its nice the way u acknowledged real people :)

Varish said...

Ha ha .... Well Said !