Saturday, May 27, 2006

The cost of a Fairy God-Mother

So everyone knows the classic tale where a Fairy God-Mother transforms Cinderella, a plain ordinary gal into a stunning babe (not quite the wordings used in the original tale :D ). That was "once upon a time long long ago". Welcome to Circa-2006 where you find Fairy God-Mothers at every corner in a city like Mumbai. Good guess! Ofcourse I'm talking abt those beauty parlours that drive u bankrupt!!

Facials, laser reductions, slimming programs, hair colouring, hair styling, etc. etc. and you dont need a magic wand for it too. Just an array of creams and a roomfull of hi-tech gadgets. So I'd to go to a friend's party today and visited one of these instant make-over centres.

Look good I did but a little introspection later I jus had a thought. Where did natural beauty lose the race to such cosmetics? Why do we count as 'beautiful' after we have plastered ourselves with powders and creams and painted ourselves like china dolls? Doesn't beauty lie in the eye of the beholder?

To conclude the blog, I went to the party minus a lot of the makeover I'd planned for myself. Any takers for my glass slipper?

No comments: