Saturday, May 20, 2006

The pill of success

Today i read thru blogs that an old friend from jr college had written. They were depressing...very depressing if you ask me. How can anyone be so sad all the time? Isn't it only in movies that you are bombarded with soo many misfortunes and never given an opportunity to smile? Thank god I'm never upset for long was my first reaction...but then wait a min...y don't i remember the last time i cried a lot? what is that thing that lets me hold my head up high in a group? why do so many envy me...sometimes outright envy that drips from snide remarks or peeks out from unwilling compliments.

Yes i realise now...its the pill of success! From winning prizes to holding posts of responsibility. From being showered with oodles parental affection (the kind that an only a single girl child can claim!) to always having many many caring, trusting and interesting friends. I have been lucky, yes very lucky all the way.

But uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. Will this Midas touch wear off someday? Then what? Will i also be reduced to trying to call friends who never respond or spend time writing depressing blogs? I need you Lady Luck even more now because I'm so used to your presence. Because it is hard to give up the addiction to the pill of success.

But then as quoted in 'The Alchemist', if you really and badly want something, the whole universe conspires to give it to you. And one good turn deserves another. I believe in these quotes, and yet...I reach out to Touch Wood.

No comments: