Sunday, May 14, 2006

Gaining some GK

Perhaps my blog seems to be most about blogging but I guess that is what comes to mind when I sit b4 this blog-editor, fingers poised on keyboard.

Right upto 10th std I had diverse interests, a classic case of trying to be jack of all trades. From painting to dancing and from scholarship exams to managing events, I have tried it all. Till ofcourse the board exams and engineering took it all away.

Suddenly I found myself among friends who were only willing to discuss science, science and more science (not that I'm bitching about my friends...but it does get boring sometimes). I felt as if all those Shakespearean plays, those classics I'd read, even those origimi techniques and ikebana lessons would be locked away forever in some far closet of my mind.

That was till my blog-friend (the one I've written about b4) came up with a 'constructive' idea to utilize the time we 'waste' chatting online. We started a 'knowledge blog'. Each of us posted one post on any topic of our choice so long as it was not strictly technical on the blog. The other read it and commented on it.

This exercise has opened up the closed treasure chest in my mind again. I look forward to searching Wikipedia for more information about my favourite topics and writing about them. So can I learn some law and medicine? What about counting some pounds? Hello Jane Austin! Wake up Marco Polo, Peter Pan and Alladin...its morning again!!

No comments: